Will the copper retain its finish and color or will do you have to polish it so it doesn't turn green.
by bigdav7774 months ago00
Notify me by email when answer received:subscribed Please, enter email
The copper finish does have a sealer on it that will protect it from turning green. Here are some general facts - GENERAL FACTS ABOUT HAMMERED COPPER:
• Copper is mined and extruded into copper sheets
• Sheets are shaped and hammered with a dark acid-etched finish applied
• Tops can be formed onto outdoor substrates
• 18 gauge copper is used
• Special finish is applied to maintain patina
MAINTAINING THE HAMMERED COPPER:
UPON RECEIVING YOUR NEW HAMMERED COPPER TABLE SEAL IT WITH A CARNAUBA WAX FOUND AT YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE TABLE IS SEALED RIGHT AWAY AND AGAIN IN THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE SEASON TOO.
• Top requires regular wiping with water or mild soapy water with soft cloth
• Vinegar, cleaners that contain acid abrasive cleaners or furniture polish should NOT be used